[ckan-discuss] Fwd: Some Feedback on CKAN

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Mar 1 12:58:19 GMT 2011

Some really useful feedback from Mark Hahnel of Science 3.0 / FigShare
with whom I had a very good chat last week. (Mark tried sending direct
but the email kept disappearing -- if anyone else encounters this
please let me know).

One of the key things I got from chatting with Mark was the importance
of providing ultra-simple mini-gateways into a CKAN instance oriented
to a specific community.

I'm wondering if we can work on groups to deliver this sort of feature
-- groups already provide a way for a given group / community of
people to have a bespoke web page and list of datasets but we could
add to this, for example by providing a default search box that just
searches a groups datasets.

Rufus