[ckan-discuss] Shall we create a project advisory group for CKAN?

Jo Walsh jo.walsh at ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 2 11:42:38 GMT 2011

On 28/02/11 14:10, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> A while ago I suggested that we create a Project Advisory Group for
> the CKAN [1]. Do people still think we should do this? ;-)
>
> [1] http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-discuss/2010-May/000262.html

While you are thinking about this sort of thing - how do people feel
about a Project Steering Committee, or moral equivalent, for CKAN?

"The PSC is responsible for setting the overal direction of the project
and its releases, determining what features go in, managing the
documentation, assigning and revoking commit rights, etc."

Imagining you essentially already have this with the ckan-dev team,
but could be worth formalising, sign of a healthy open source project
with a life beyond the organisation that spawned it...

jo
--
Jo Walsh

Unlock places - http://unlock.edina.ac.uk/
phone: +44 (0)131 650 2973
skype: metazool

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.