[ckan-discuss] Questions for journalists about what datasets are useful for them?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Sat Mar 19 16:38:12 GMT 2011

A friend of mine is doing a survey on the data needs and data related
training needs of journalists and has asked if I have any suggestions
for questions that I'd like answers to, that could be included in the
survey. I'm thinking of proposing 2-3 questions, along the lines of:

  * What kinds of public datasets would be useful to you as a
journalist? (Please be as specific as possible)
  * What kinds of questions do you want to use these datasets to
answer? What kinds of issues do you want to explore? (Please be as
specific as possible)
  * What kinds of tools would you like to help you work with these datasets?

Anyone think of any other questions? Or improvements/amendments to the
questions above? Suggestions for rewording?

Answers on a postcard. ;-)

J.

--
Jonathan Gray