[ckan-discuss] G-Cloud Open Data Platform

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun Mar 20 19:37:07 GMT 2011

On 21 March 2011 06:47, Neil McEvoy <neil.mcevoy at cloudventures.biz> wrote:

> Hey folks
>
> I've been working to help develop Canadian startup ventures in the Cloud
> computing market, and where the sector overlaps with Open Data is where I
> think the potential is super-hot.
>
> To this end I thought I'd highlight the initiative I've been developing
> with Microsoft Canada, the 'G-Cloud Open Data Platform'

Hi Neil,

I've had a brief read of your PDF[1], however I have no idea about what the
service offering is. Are you able to please explain what G-Cloud actually
is?

Additionally, why are you fighting against the grain by proposing that
government builds applications? A stronger argument for me is that
government should get out of the retail business and focus on the data
wholesale business.

Regards,

Tim McNamara

[1]