[ckan-discuss] Resources formats

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Fri Mar 25 15:48:39 GMT 2011

Hi all,
a bit of bikeshedding for a quiet Friday afternoon..

I am currently translating to Italian the short guide to creating a data
package in CKAN. The wiki page
http://wiki.ckan.net/Creating_and_editing_Packages deals with formats
using MIME types and other conventions, but actually the edit form shows
the user with simpler strings (CSV, RDF, XML).

The problem I see is that automated retrieval is made more difficult by
using anything that is non-MIME (including "index/html" perhaps), at
least if there is no functionality in the clients to support such
syntax. I'm especially thinking of datapkg.

Ideas? What is the current view about this minor issue?

Ciao
steko

--
Stefano Costa