[ckan-discuss] [Cross Post] Open Government Data Thailand has launched!

Patipat Susumpow kengggg at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:36:42 BST 2011

[Cross post from Open Gov List]

Hi All,

After I came back from Open Government Data Conference in London, November
2010. I've worked closely with the government agency, in this case it's
collaboration between Office of the Prime Minister of Thailand and my
organisation Opendream, to find the possibility of pushing open government
data repository online. And now it's launched here[1] (sadly, getting
data.go.th is pretty complicated here :().

The core technologies of the site are Drupal and CKAN and all minor
technologies are all open sourced. We're planning to releases all modules
we've developed soon.

Unfortunately, the site is in Thai only but I can give you a rough overview
of the site (You can guess from the URL, though):

   - Data Set[2] for searching data set (We're adding more data into CKAN)
   - Ideas[3] for ideastorming about Open Government Data
   - Request for an Open Data[4]

We try to make an Official Information Act[5] as much effective as possible
:)

This might be the first Open Government Data repository in Asia, I'd love to
get more feedback from you guys :)

Cheers,
Keng.

[1] http://data.pm.go.th