[ckan-discuss] Flagging packages to be merged

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon May 9 11:59:39 BST 2011

On 9 May 2011 11:44, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> Exactly right David - I saw this listed as an example on CKAN wiki and
> guessed this might be the convention (or might once have been), but
> wasn't sure.

It seems pretty clear to me. What left you unsure? Here's the FAQ:

What Are Meta Tags
Meta tags have the prefix "meta" and are especially use for
"house-keeping"-type activities around packages such as marking
packages as spam. Current standard meta tags are:
meta.duplicate - duplicate of another package. See entry in package
section on handling duplicates for this tags use.

> I wonder how we can make these things easier to find for someone who
> is using ckan.net for the first time, and may not know about the
> existence of the CKAN wiki? The FAQ is linked to on the package edit
> page, but wonder if we should link to this in CKAN interface
> somewhere?
>
> Also think do we want to have more stuff listed under tag conventions
> - e.g. todo, language-, country-, etc?

Ok, I've added these now to flesh it out a bit, based on what users are using.

Dave