[ckan-discuss] Geographic Metadata

William Waites ww at styx.org
Sun May 22 11:01:48 BST 2011

A nice thing to do would be to put a reference to geonames in there...

-w

* [2011-05-22 17:26:57 +1200] Tim McNamara <paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz> écrit:

] I'm most of the way through moving the data catalogues at
] opengovernmentdata.org to CKAN.
]
] I think that we should have some geographic metadata conventions which are
] greater than the country list we currently have. Specifically, I think that
] we should have a continental reference as well as the ability to have
] narrower regions.
]
] As a first shot, how about
]   - region => continental
]   - locality => county, province, etc
]
] I chose region rather than continental areas as I think that is closer to
] its meaning in the world of inter-governmental organisations.
]
]
]
] Tim McNamara