[ckan-discuss] HTTP 500 error when adding a new package using the API

Maali, Fadi fadi.maali at deri.org
Sun May 22 21:02:57 BST 2011

Thanks a lot David.

It looks that the problem was somehow from the combination of (curl,
Windows and the single quote ')
Rewriting the command to use only double quotes solved the problem:
curl http://test.ckan.net/api/rest/package -d "{\"name\":\"test\",\
"title\":\"Test package\"}" -H "Authorization:MY-API-KEY"

Thanks,
Fadi