[ckan-discuss] Pictures in CKAN description

Tom Rees zephod at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:28:53 GMT 2011

Hey Jan,
You could upload the picture as a resource in the dataset, and link
directly to it. The only issue might be that it's a little strange having
the image listed as part of the data -- a cleaner approach might be to
create a separate dataset (eg. 'dataset description pictures') and use that
to store them. Once uploaded you can link straight to them.
Currently that's the only way to upload files to CKAN; there's no plan yet
to have a special upload feature eg. for descriptions.
If this isn't the solution you're after, flickr.com has proven itself quite
a reliable external storage, and it's free - but the interface is a bit of
a complex mess..
Hope that helps.
Tom