[ckan-discuss] Pictures in CKAN description

Jan Kučera elquenor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:35:04 GMT 2011

Hello,

thank you for valuable suggestions and interesting information about future
development of CKAN. Showing graphical metadata alongside with the other
information about the resource would be great. Me and my colleagues want to
add UML class diagrams to provide information about the structure of the
datasets. So I think that this is the use case for graphical metadata.

Uploading class diagrams into the CKAN dataset as a resource might be a
good solution for those who create these diagrams for their own datasets.
In our case we create class diagrams for datasets that someone else has
created and published. The problem is that the author of the class diagram
is different from the author of the other dataset resources. We can license
our diagrams differently than the rest of the resources as well. I think
that in our case it would be more appropriate to create separate dataset
for class diagrams and than link the resources with the original datasets.

Jan