[ckan-discuss] CKAN Participation

Pablo Mendes pablomendes at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 17:22:01 BST 2011

Folks,
I attended this week a talk given by Eric Rozell on the "TWC International
Open Government Dataset Catalog" at I-SEMANTICS 2011. They have "more than
70 government dataset catalogs from around the world ...  faceted browsing
and a search interface". http://tw.rpi.edu/web/doc/iogdc_tc2011

I suggested to Eric the integration of their catalog into TheDataHub.org,
and the group seems to be open to discussing options. What would you guys
advise as the best way to go? Offering a bulk download in some format? Using
the CKAN REST API? Installing CKAN on their side? Just merging everything in
the level of semantic.ckan.net?

Also, Eric et al. could consider plugging their interface on top of
semantic.ckan.net?

Cheers,
Pablo