[ckan-discuss] ckan updates / username forgotten

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Sep 24 13:35:15 BST 2011

On 23 September 2011 16:14, Andreas Blumauer (Semantic Web Company)
<a.blumauer at semantic-web.at> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> Openid (via Google) doesn´t work neither,
> It results in
> Number of datasets administered: 0
>
> Here are the datasets we have provided and which I would like to update:
> http://thedatahub.org/dataset/socialsemweb-thesaurus

So looking at:

<http://thedatahub.org/dataset/history/socialsemweb-thesaurus>

I see that the original creator was someone with a google openid
(always horrible urls) and corresponds to this user:

<http://thedatahub.org/user/1a43ffd5-1428-4c8b-8a8d-04543729b785>

> http://thedatahub.org/dataset/austrian_ski_racers
> http://thedatahub.org/dataset/open-data-thesaurus

Looks like the same user here. Is this you guys? If yes (but you can't
login with that openid any more), then I (or another sysadmin) can
make a proper username for that user and you can then login (the
advantage here is you will keep "history").

Alternatively / in addition I can just give admin rights to the user
you've listed below.

> I wouldn´t mind if all of them would be shifted to
> "Semantic Web Company" as author and maintainer.

Sure, you can do that very easily once you are logged in :-)

> I have now registered as http://thedatahub.org/user/semwebcompany
>
> Could you attach the 3 datasets mentioned above to this user, please.

I've made that user owner/administrator on those 3 datasets.