[ckan-discuss] CKAN documentation - Upgrade to 1.6, AWS instance types

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Apr 12 18:40:21 BST 2012

> Hello,
>
> I want to comment the latest documentation update on ckan.org:
>
> http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/install-from-package.html#run-the-package-installer
>
> 1.) The upgrade from CKAN 1.5/1.5.1 to 1.6 didn't work from the package
> installer.
>
> Although we removed CKAN and even removed everything related to CKAN from
> the file system,
> the upgrade still didn't work.
> The installation itself printed the upgrade to 1.6 worked, but it didn't
> show up in the web frontend (still release 1.5.1).
> Only a complete reset of the image and a fresh install of CKAN 1.6 worked
> finally.

I'm getting the same problem. I've got an Ubuntu 10.04 VM here, did a
package install of CKAN 1.5.1 on it, then followed the 1.5.-1.6 upgrade
instructions, and even after restarting Apache it seems to be still
serving 1.5.1. Aptitude shows that I have the ckan 1.6 package
installed. Anyone got any idea what might be going on?