[ckan-discuss] New LOD statistics site, powered by Data Hub metadata

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Thu Feb 2 12:00:15 GMT 2012

http://stats.lod2.eu/

This is a site that was announced today by a team from Uni Leipzig. They take all datasets from the Data Hub that claim to support RDF or SPARQL, and generate automated statistics for them. Currently, this succeeds for 200+ datasets, while it fails for another 250.

I think this is a great example of a direction the Data Hub should take increasingly: use the metadata to drill down into the actual data. The Linked Data standards (RDF, SPARQL etc) are great for this, because they make the data fairly self-describing.

We'll certainly talk about this more at tonight's CKAN+Linked Data meetup:
http://ckan.okfnpad.org/meetup-2012-02-02

I've invited the LODStats authors to join us, so it should be interesting.

The original LODStats announcement was here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2012Feb/0006.html

All the best,
Richard