[ckan-discuss] dataset version annotation in thedatahub

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 6 10:09:18 GMT 2012

On 5 February 2012 15:50, Tim Hubbard <timjph at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just updated my first dataset in the thedatahub
> (uk-economic-summary-data).  Since I've added some new data to the dataset,
> I've incremented the version from 1.0 to 1.1 however I can't find anywhere
> to store a note to record what is new in this version. If the option isn't
> there somewhere I think it would be useful - also to be able to see a
> version history (although of course there's no certainty previous version of
> datasets will still be accessible).

Good point Tim. You would have been able to log this in the log
message for the chance once the log message field is visible again (in
the next week).

That said this raises a more general issue: namely that one probably
wants to repalce version with something like a label or tag as version
control systems now do (with such tags be annotatable).