[ckan-discuss] Installed on oneric, notes

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Mon Feb 13 12:33:27 GMT 2012

Mike,

Thanks for sharing the details your install on the latest version of
Ubuntu. Great to hear it all went well, although I don't think it is quite
complete yet. It looks like there is an error accessing the SOLR schema -
there's a SolrException when you run 'paster serve development.ini'. This
will mean the search probably won't work.

The log suggests that the directory that schema.xml goes in has changed
from /etc/solr/conf to /usr/share/solr/conf for this release. Can you try
this to see if it clears it up?:

sudo ln -s ~/ckan/ckan/config/solr/schema-1.3.xml
/usr/share/solr/conf/schema.xml
sudo service jetty restart

Let us know and I'll add this tip to the docs.

David