[ckan-discuss] Some problems installing ckan

Ruben Martin ruben.martin at fundacionctic.org
Sun Feb 19 13:42:10 GMT 2012

Hello from CTIC, Spain

We are assessing now the use of ckan for a spanish council administration,
our first production deployment. We have two questions, maybe you can help
us here because we cant solve them through the documentation.

- Is there an easy way of preventing non logged users from registering.
CKAN would operate in ‘publisher mode’, but they would like admin to be the
only role allowed to make new users/registrations (via web). The register
link can be hidden changing the template, but not the register page itself.

- We have a problem with the uploading of files. It seems the extension is
functioning correctly but when we select a file a click on "Add" button,
the circle
just keeps spinning with no result. File name does not have any spaces. May
some we lack some configuration:

# Add any CKAN plugins here. Note: This line is required to be here for
# packaging, even if it is empty.
ckan.plugins = storage

## OFS configuration
ckanext.storage.bucket = ckan
ofs.impl = pairtree
ofs.storage_dir = /home/ruben/ckan/storage

Thank you and
Best regards
--

Rubén Martín Calderero

CTIC-Centro Tecnológico
Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Gijón
c/ Ada Byron, 39 Edificio Centros Tecnológicos
33203 Gijón - Asturias - España
Tel.: +34 984 29 12 12
Fax: +34 984 39 06 12
E-mail: ruben.martin at fundacionctic.org