[ckan-discuss] [ckan-dev] Remove public display of e-mail addresses

Ian Murray ian.murray at okfn.org
Wed Feb 22 11:24:22 GMT 2012

On 22 February 2012 11:08, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:

> (Moving to ckan-discuss)
> How do people generally feel about their email address being public on
> thedatahub.org? See below.

I'd really rather not have my email address displayed on my public profile
page.

For me, the key difference between githib and thedatahub is that on github
you can register multiple email addresses, which are then linked with
account maintenance (for example, forgotten passwords).  Whereas the email
address on a github public profile is just that: it's a label.  Correct me
if I'm wrong, but I don't think we have that distinction on thedatahub:  if
I want to have access to an account maintenance feature (such as password
reset), then I need to register my email address; which then in-turn
becomes part of my public profile.

Ian.