[ckan-discuss] CKAN premade themes

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Feb 28 16:45:39 GMT 2012

On 02/28/2012 04:25 PM, Ruben Martin wrote:
 > Hi all.
 >
 > CKAN web talks about some pre-made themes available to change the
 > appearance of the site.
 >
 > Are some of these themes somewhere in the source repository?

Hi Ruben, unfortunately we don't have any 'out of the box' pre-made
themes for CKAN, other than the default theme.

You've probably already found the Customization chapter of the CKAN
Admin Guide, which explains how CKAN theming works:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/theming.html

A number of CKAN extensions on GitHub have their own themes, which you
could look at as examples, e.g.:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-iati

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-pdeu

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datacatalogs

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-dgutheme

Sorry that the text on ckan.org is misleading, I'll get that corrected.