[ckan-discuss] Italian CKAN with spatial display

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Fri Jan 20 17:38:29 GMT 2012

We previewed the first batch of CKAN's geo-spatial features a few
weeks ago on our test site, and now we've loaded them onto the live
Italian CKAN site it.ckan.net, since the Italian team are keen to be
on the leading edge of these features.

Here's a dataset that has had the coordinates added by hand, and it
shows the location on a pretty map:
http://it.ckan.net/dataset/comune-bologna-bilanci-consuntivi

Of course it needs several more geo-spatial parts (search, drag-drop
input, geo-referencing etc.) to be more useful, but do have a play
with this first step and let us know how it goes. Thanks to Adria for
his work on this so far!