[ckan-discuss] 413 Request Entity Too Large

Eddie A Tejeda eddie.tejeda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 18:00:17 BST 2012

Nginx. The nginx sample in the docs should specify client_max_body_size..
like so:

server {
        listen   80 default;
        server_name  data.openoakland.org;

        access_log  /var/log/nginx/localhost.access.log;
        client_max_body_size 50M;

        location / {
                # location of apache or ckan under paster
                proxy_pass   http://127.0.0.1:8080;
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
        }
        location /elastic/ {
                internal;
                # location of elastic search
                proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:9200/;
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
        }

}

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>wrote:

> On 19 July 2012 06:02, Eddie A Tejeda <eddie.tejeda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am working on launching CKAN in Oakland. It's mostly installed. You can
>> see it here:
>>
>> http://data.openoakland.org/dataset/new
>>
>> But I am having a few bugs I want to see if people can help me fix. When
>> I upload a file that's more than 2MB I get this error on the browser
>> console:
>>
>> "NetworkError: 413 Request Entity Too Large - http://data.openoakland.org/storage/upload_handle"
>>>
>>>  GET
>>> http://data.openoakland.org/api/storage/metadata/2012-07-19T044919/Malawi_release_17april2012.csv