[ckan-discuss] Random column sorting in grid preview for csv resource in datahub.io

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jul 19 21:14:22 BST 2012

OK, simple answer: the datastore as pure key/value does not support
storing the original column sort order - you just get the order the
keys come back in.

This is something we've been thinking about (e.g. storing column sort
order in the _meta of the mapping).

I note this does not happen with the dataproxy because that returns
the column order (and recline supports preserving column order).

Rufus

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation