[ckan-discuss] CKAN Wishlist

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Mar 6 11:35:12 GMT 2012

On 28/02/2012 17:05, Lucy Chambers wrote:
> 1) I'm currently trying to tidy up the OpenSpending group on the DataHub
> and it is quite laborious as I have to edit each package individually e.g.
> renaming the packages to reflect more accurately what is actually in them.
> What would be really nice is to have a Table View of Dataset Metadata which
> would give me the overview and be editable also.

I wonder if what you're thinking of is similar to this multiedit
extension that was posted to the ckan-dev list recently?

https://bitbucket.org/floapps/ckanext-multiedit

> 3) Is it possible to subscribe to a group? I would like to know when
> someone adds a new dataset to the group ready to import into OpenSpending
> to make sure as much of the req'd info is in there and help me to keep
> track of what we have in there.

Not yet, but we're intending to add this to the activity streams feature
that we released recently. See this blog post about thr activity streams
feature:

http://ckan.org/2012/03/05/activity-streams/

Here are all the currently open tickets relating to the activity streams
feature:

http://trac.ckan.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=component&keywords=~activity_streams

I think tickets #1634 and #1664 match what you're talking about.