[ckan-discuss] Help with enabling file upload

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Mar 20 11:48:18 GMT 2012

> So I've got a fresh CKAN instance running. When I try to upload
> resource files for my dataset, I get the following error: "Failed to
> get credentials for storage upload. Upload cannot proceed."

Are you logged in when you try to upload a file?

There is a known issue with ckanext-storage, that it will present an
upload button to users who are not logged in, but then it will not let
them upload and will give them this error message instead.

http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1553

Let me know whether you can upload successfully when logged in