[ckan-discuss] (no subject)

Haq, Salman Salman.Haq at neustar.biz
Thu Mar 22 14:32:50 GMT 2012

On 3/22/12 10:08 AM, "Sean Hammond" <sean.hammond at okfn.org> wrote:

>Hmm, I'm seeing DistributionNotFound: argparse in your traceback. I'm
>assuming you're running a source install of CKAN? If so, if you install
>the argparse Python module into your CKAN virtual environment, does that
>fix the problem? Activate your virtualenv, and then run this command:
>
>    pip install argparse
>
>Alternatively, if you're running a package install of CKAN on Ubuntu,
>try running this command in a terminal:
>
>    sudo aptitude install python2.6-argparse
>
>Please let me know if this helps

Sean,

Indeed, it was the missing argparse package. I installed it via apt-get,
restarted apache, and it worked after that!

Also, for anyone finding this thread at a future date, there was another
user with a similar problem who posted on ckan-dev. That tip didn't work
for me, but it might for you. Here is the link:
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2012-March/001791.html

Thanks!
Shaq