[ckan-discuss] Cities, CKAN and Open Data

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Tue May 1 19:27:50 BST 2012

(Cross-posted from ckan.org/blog)

A quick note about the Open Data Cities Conference in Brighton a
couple of weeks ago. I attended with my colleagues Ira, who's CKAN's
Product Manager, and Laura James, who was one of the many excellent
speakers. My write-up of the day is over on the Open Knowledge
Foundation blog[1] - it was an interesting day so take a look. The
distilled essence is that there is a lot of interest in Open Data at
the city level at the moment.

By good timing, CKAN's entry to the Living Labs award[2] was a
proposal for an Open Data package for cities with CKAN at its heart,
and is one of the shortlisted entries - final announcements are due
later this week!

Mark

[1]: http://blog.okfn.org/2012/04/25/odcc/
[2]: http://blog.okfn.org/2012/04/26/rio-summit-on-service-innovation-in-cities-nominated-project-videos/

--
Mark Wainwright, CKAN Community Co-ordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation http://okfn.org/