[ckan-discuss] Invitation: 1st International Open Data Dialog l December 5/6, 2012 in Berlin

Florian Marienfeld florian.marienfeld at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Nov 15 10:09:02 GMT 2012

Dear friends of CKAN,

We kindly invite you to the *1st International Open Data Dialog -
Potentials for Urban Innovation and new Businesses*
<http://www.open-data-lab.com/?page_id=12&lang=en> on December 5/6, 2012
at Fraunhofer FOKUS in Berlin.

Innovation happens when data is open, available online, structured,
readable by man as well as machine and can be processed into value-added
services. Open data is one of the most important keys to the future of
our knowledge-based society. Be it environmental data, public utility
data, geo data, or some other data, the open data approach is a way to
open up the most important resource of the 21st century: the underlying
data of various information.

The provision of open data will make societal processes, developments
and trends transparent, more understandable and strengthen the trust
between industry, governments and civil societies. With the Internet of
Things, the mounds of data will continue to grow. It is for these
reasons that we should manage them – competently, conceptually, and jointly.

Save the date: This *1st International Open Data Dialog*will be held on
December 5/6, 2012 in Berlin and seeks targeting industry, civil
society, government and research to discuss about the status, needs and
challenges in opening data to the public. Benefit from our early bird
and *register* <http://de.amiando.com/open-data-dialog.html>now. If
you’re not able to attend, please let us *know*
<http://de.amiando.com/open_data_dialog.html>.

For more information about open data in general, ongoing projects and
the program of the 1^st Open Data Dialog 2012 please have a look at the
*Open Data Research Portal* <http://www.open-data-lab.com/?lang=en>.

We look forward to seeyouin December at the *Fraunhofer Institute FOKUS*
<http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/en/fokus/kontakt/service/anfahrt/anfahrt_berlin/index.html>.

Best regards,

Florian Marienfeld
Open Data @ Fraunhofer FOKUS

---

*Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS**
*MOTION– Modeling and Testing for System and Service Solutions
*
*Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31, 10589 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0)30 3463 7127
Web: http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/en/motion
<http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/go/motion>**

*Read our latest **MOTION Newsletter <http://s.fhg.de/motion-nl>**.
**Join us on one of our next events: **MOTION Events
<http://www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/en/motion/news_events/motion_events/index.html>***