[ckan-discuss] Wich hardware for a CKAN like data.gov.uk?

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Wed Oct 24 17:38:54 BST 2012

Maurizio,

data.gov.uk live server, running all services - including CKAN,
Drupal, databases & Varnish - is specified as follows:

2x Xeon 5660s (2.8GHz, 12 core), 36GB RAM

This seems more than enough for us. We have about 8000 datasets, 50k
resources, we cache 32k of them (actual data files) and that comes to
only about 10Gb, so no need for particularly large hard disks.

David