[ckan-discuss] Cannot fetch index base URL http://pypi.python.org/simple/

Ketty Adoch kettya298 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:38:36 BST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a harvesting extension using the steps at *
https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest.
*
when i run *pip install pip-requirements.txt* file i get the error below

Cannot fetch index base URL http://pypi.python.org/simple/
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement
pip-requirements.txt
No distributions at all found for pip-requirements.txt
Storing complete log in /root/.pip/pip.log

*contents of the pip-requirements.txt file are*:
"# I'm not quite sure how to structure all this, but have put carrot
# dependency here for buildbot. This will probably need changing
# to suit the packaging system.

carrot==0.10.1
ckanclient>=0.7"

I tried to install carrot 0.10.1 manually by running
*
pip install carrot 0.10.1 and *the error was

Cannot fetch index base URL http://pypi.python.org/simple/
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement carrot
No distributions at all found for carrot
Storing complete log in /root/.pip/pip.log

I am running Ubuntu 10.04, CKAN v 1.8 and Python 2.6.5 in pyenv, and i am
working from here (pyenv)root at data:/home/ketty/ckanext-harvest-master$.

Could someone help with this?

regards,

Ketty Adoch