[ckan-discuss] Architecture Best Practice

Marina S. Martin marina at marinamartin.com
Sun Apr 28 12:07:16 BST 2013

To be clear, I could be talking about 1200+ custom fields... each
organization has **its own* *custom fields. So far, only one organization
has 300, but I anticipate a trend in that direction. Trying to gauge
upfront when it makes sense (if ever) to break organizations into their own
individual CKANs, especially for things like faceted search.

Speaking of validation, is there any documentation I'm missing on
validators.py? I couldn't quite tell how those validations are currently
being called. (For example I tried to work backwards in the code how
default CKAN stops you if you try to enter a name under 2 characters for a
dataset, but I couldn't clearly find where it was being called.)

Thank you

Marina