[ckan-discuss] Architecture Best Practice

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Apr 30 13:03:29 BST 2013

> Speaking of validation, is there any documentation I'm missing on
> validators.py? I couldn't quite tell how those validations are currently
> being called. (For example I tried to work backwards in the code how
> default CKAN stops you if you try to enter a name under 2 characters for a
> dataset, but I couldn't clearly find where it was being called.)

This wiki page might be relevant:

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/wiki/Converters-and-Validators-in-navl-Schemas

The validators are called by the validate() function (in
ckan/lib/navl/dictization_functions.py). Each action function in
ckan/logic/action/*.py should call validate() at some point, passing in
the appropriate schema.