[ckan-discuss] Uploading file in a custom CKAN extension

Stefan Oderbolz stefan.oderbolz at liip.ch
Thu Aug 22 08:45:39 BST 2013

Hi Pabitra,

I think the code of ckanclient is a good starting point to see how to
upload a file using the FileStore API:
https://github.com/okfn/ckanclient/blob/master/ckanclient/__init__.py#L551
The relevant part is the multipart POST that you can find here:
https://github.com/okfn/ckanclient/blob/master/ckanclient/__init__.py#L476

Hope this helps.

Regards Stefan

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Pabitra Dash <pkdash_reena at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am working on a custom extension where I would like to upload a file to
> the CKAN filestore and then add that resource to a specific dataset. I am
> not sure how to code the file upload part. I have looked at the ckanclient
> code. But I think that is more suitable for uploading to a remote CKAN
> instance by a client application. Any help on uploading a file from within
> an extension would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> PK
>
> *Pabitra Dash *
> pkdash_reena at hotmail.com

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 80 // GnuPG 0x7B588C67 // www.liip.ch