[ckan-discuss] minifying css

Jan Vansteenlandt jan at okfn.be
Mon Aug 26 20:51:07 BST 2013

Hi guys,

So I installed the nodejs less script just as stated in the CKAN
documentation, so when I change a less file (i.e. variables.less) I run my
./bin/less (--production) to update my css file. All goes well, the file
gets overridden with no problem. However, when I look at my console when
browsing to my CKAN instance I see that the css file included is called
main.min.css, which is the minified version of main.css.

When I look at the update-date of this minified css file, it goes back 2
months... so I assume the less didn't create the minified css file but only
the normal css file. I must say after running ./bin/less, my css filed gets
made and it then continues to hang, probably because this is a script that
needs to keep running and picks up changes from the css files it watches to
create a new css file when changes occur in the less file.

My question is how do I create the minified css, or what am I doing wrong
to keep the minified css from updating?

Thanks in advance!

Jan