[ckan-discuss] Groups -> themes?

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 09:57:42 UTC 2013

Hi Mark,

I definitely agree that renaming groups would be a good thing, I’m not overly keen on “Themes” as the replacement though. I always think of them as Collections but perhaps that’s not clear either.

I’m keen on datahub.io, for instance, re-instating Groups to be used as curated lists, but I don’t have a clear idea on how we could implement it without suffering from the spam problem again.  My current (vague) thoughts are that you can create as many groups as you want as long as you are part of an organization. Any ideas on how you might provide access control for the renamed Groups?

Ross.