[ckan-discuss] Groups -> themes?

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 10:50:12 UTC 2013

Actually working on datahub.io and data.gov.uk they are more similar than they appear. Both currently require permission to create an Organization, neither use Groups. Our data.gov.uk themes are created as metadata on the dataset (both primary and secondary themes).

To treat them as themes *may* be problematic as behind the scenes Groups and Organizations are almost identical (with some special case functionality for organizations).

I guess I am not so excited about it as I was when I read your first mail :)

Ross