[ckan-discuss] How to avoid hyperlink creation when writing down URIs in markdown?

Jesús Redondo redondogarciajesus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 11:18:03 UTC 2013

Hello, I am developing a portal using CKAN 2.0.1

My problem is the following: I want to include some URIs in the descrition
of the datasets, but I don´t want all of those URIs to be displayed as
hyperlinks (which is automatically done by the Markdown language). So, is
there any way to tell the markdown parser this peculiarity?: -" I don´t
want this URI to be displayed as a hyperlink. "

I guess there must be some kind of escape character or word to avoid the
markdown parser, and it could make the trick. But I can't figure it out by
reading its documentation:
http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

NOTE: the block code (adding four spaces or ``) also generates hyperlinks,
so that's not a solution neither (which is funny, because in stackoverflow
it doesn't generate any link, I guess they use its own Markdown parser).

Thank you, I do appreciate the help.

Jesús