[ckan-discuss] "url" fields in API responses for datasets

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Dec 24 11:43:14 UTC 2013

Root level URL is better described as "homepage" (it was borrowed from
python packages url which is usually the home page of the project).

The urls you want are the resource urls.

Rufus

On 24 December 2013 00:57, Thomas Levine <_ at thomaslevine.com> wrote:

> I want to download datasets from CKAN.
>
> The API gives me two fields that might be the appropriate one. Here are
> the relevant parts of the API response.
>
> {"url":..., "resources":[{ "url":... },...]}
>
> The resources seem to be sorted chronologically, so the url of the last
> resource might make sense to use.
>
> On the other hand, maybe the url field in the root is the right one.
>
> The resources list might be empty, and the root url field may be null.
> Also, these two versions of url aren't necessarily the same.
>
> What does the root-level url represent?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

*Rufus PollockFounder and Executive Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>The Open Knowledge
Foundation <http://okfn.org/>Empowering through Open
Knowledgehttp://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn
<http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on Facebook