[ckan-discuss] [ckan-dev] Include datasets from sub-publishers

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Mon Feb 4 12:23:14 GMT 2013

> Also, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to an example of a live CKAN
> server that has a large amount of Geospatial datasets, say in the hundreds
> of thousands.   I notice that data.gov.uk only has a few hundred, which
> makes sense.  Seems to me that pulling in an entire national geospatial
> collection war not the original intent of ckan, but rather to highlight
> those that may be useful to the public. (?)

Peder,

data.gov.uk has just over 1000 geospatial datasets harvested from all
the UK publishers that are covered by Annex 1 & 2 of INSPIRE. We are
also set to take an influx of datasets at some point soon for those
publisher covered by Annex 3. Are those the ones you think might be
'missing'? I didn't think there were 2 orders of magnitude more
though. I'm not aware of these hundreds of thousands of which you
mention, within the UK.

Which country are you interested in harvesting?

I believe there is work going on for harvesting in the hundreds of
thousands, so I don't think there is any particular CKAN limitation in
going into this order of magnitude.