[ckan-discuss] API of catalog.data.gov is not usable at all

Konrad Reiche konrad.reiche at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 16:41:32 BST 2013

Hello everyone,

I am happy that catalog.data.gov was launched. Unfortunately the API is
not usable at all. Any attempts to harvest the provided datasets fail.

/3/action/current_package_list_with_resources

works for the first 200 datasets before I run into timeouts or 503
Service Unavailable.

does not work at all. After 2min I get a 503 Service Unavailable, too.

I have already issues a ticket regarding offering the datasets through a
static JSON dump.

Does anyone see other possibilities to harvest the data or at least use
the API in one way or the other?

Best regards,
Konrad