[ckan-discuss] [okfn-labs] Ideas for data mashups and improved visualisation for CKAN

Julius Chrobak julius at mingle.io
Wed Jul 24 13:11:04 BST 2013

Hi Gavin,

are you looking to improve the front-end side only, or are you considering changing the back-end as well?

I'm asking, because we are working a on open source tool, called comp (https://github.com/ostap/comp), for querying information from files. The main goal is to provide unified interface to variety of data representations found in public datasets. It can be used to query tabular or hierarchical data structures using a single concept - list comprehensions. It accepts queries through HTTP and returns the data in JSON format.

The tool is used to power our own query service for open data available on https://mingle.io.

Cheers,
Julius Chrobak
co-founder of mingle.io - Query API for Open Data
@julochrobak
t.: +41 44 830 00 33