[ckan-discuss] LDAP support

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Sun Jul 28 19:16:19 BST 2013

Hello,

For an ongoing implementation, we are asked if there is an LDAP support
integrated in CKAN 2.0.

I did some research and all the answers (including some thread in the
mailing list and the dev one) are not giving any real response. From what I
understand, it seems it is more managed at the level of the framework,
Pylons.

So question:
- Is there anybody in the room what has plugged CKAN on a LDAP?
- Is it possible to have an hybrid model (admins are pulled from the LDAP,
public users can still create regular accounts to get an API key
- Is there a "how to" or some guidelines I could follow.

Stéphane