[ckan-discuss] dataproxy timeout

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Fri Mar 15 13:45:55 GMT 2013

Hi Davide,

On data.gov.uk we're now using a modified version of the jsonpdataproxy
that will serve the same format response from /data/preview/<resource_id>
which is working fairly well.  It's modified to run with the local archived
version of the resource should you also be running ckanext-archiver.

It requires a change to recline.js, and it might be more useful to modify
the current recline backend to accept any url as long as the target
understands the 'protocol'.  As we're using an old version of recline (for
now) we haven't yet done that.

I am currently in the process of modifying it so that it uses
github.com/okfn/messytables, and so is dependant on a branch within that.

Now that I've got the disclaimers out of the way, it is at
https://github.com/datagovuk/ckanext-datapreview if you want to give it a
try. If you have any problems, do let me know (or add tickets to github).

Ross