[ckan-discuss] Management of numerous resources

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Thu Nov 7 20:47:59 GMT 2013

Dear CKAN users and developers,

For the implementation of CKAN Montréal, we are facing a case where I would
like to have some external opinions: how to manage a dataset with
potentially a very high number of resources.

I have a precise case at hand: the photographical archive of the city; for
the moment hundreds, but potentially thousands of pictures. Ideally we're
search a solution where upload could be automated and where browsing would
remain... human (listing thousands of resource does not sound human to me)

For the moment (solution inherited from the previous hand tailored portal),
they upload and excel speadsheet with the list of individuals picture and
corresponding urls (which are managed outside of the data portal). Not
optimal, needs manual management and not everything is in the data portal.

Does anybody has some ideas / existing solution for such a case?

Best

Stéphane