[ckan-discuss] Licensing open data

Baden Appleyard b.appleyard at ausgoal.gov.au
Wed Oct 2 21:47:43 BST 2013

Yes. Great work, Thomas!

A very important issue that hasn't been given enough attention over the
years, I suspect in the rush to simply see data portals populated.  Not
sure if its possible, but you may also wish to consider data.gov.au,
data.nsw.gov.au, and data.vic.gov.au.  The first two are CKAN instances,
the latter is a bespoke build, but I can facilitate contact with the
administrators if that helps.  The vast majority of the data on them will
be CC-BY.

If its of any interest, and without wishing to saddle you with another
task, at some point in the future, the world might also be interested in
asking the same question about publicly funded research data.  Portals like
this one are popping up, as research moves toward open.
http://researchdata.ands.org.au/

Kind regards

________________
*Baden M Appleyard*
National Programme Director
Australian Governments' Open Access and Licensing Framework (AusGOAL)
Mobile: +61(0)459 824 061
Linkedin: http://au.linkedin.com/in/badenappleyard

AusGOAL
Visit our Website <http://www.ausgoal.gov.au> | Subscribe to our