[ckan-discuss] Issues with the stable harvest plugin and CKAN 2.1

Peter Hopfgartner peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Mon Oct 21 12:55:02 BST 2013

On 10/21/2013 01:16 PM, Adrià Mercader wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On 17 October 2013 13:22, Peter Hopfgartner
> <peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com> wrote:
> I'll start with the easy one:
>
>> 2) Using http://my_server_ip/harvest/new, I only get Source Type CKAN, but
>> not CSW.
> You need to load the csw_harvester on your ini file (csw interface via
> pycsw and csw harvester are two different things)
>
> http://ckanext-spatial.readthedocs.org/en/stable/harvesters.html
Hi Adrià,

indeed, adding csw_harvester the plugin list gave me the option I needed.

Currently I'm standing still on the issue I described at a further,
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-discuss/2013-October/003026.html,
where the crucial error message seems to be:

ERROR [ckanext.harvest.harvesters.base] Error contacting the CSW server:
Needs an Implementation

>> 1) Even if logged in as a Sysadmin user and accessing to
>> http://my_server_ip/harvest, I do not see the button for adding a new data
>> source.
> This is indeed a bug [1], other users have reported and we'll try to
> fix it asap. On the meantime you can access the form via /harvest/new
>

> Adrià
>

> [1] https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-harvest/issues/70
>

>> What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the reply,