[ckan-discuss] problem implimenting WMS preview

Koebrick, Andrew (MNIT) andrew.koebrick at state.mn.us
Wed Oct 30 13:10:20 GMT 2013

Adrià

Thanks for putting the data up on your server for a test. At least I know the files themselves are not the issue.

We don't yet have the source code of our extension online anywhere.  But it really just consists of a few minor changes to the templates (adding text and such), so I don't think that would be an issue.  I also inject a little javascript so as to manipulate the DOM.  The whole of our plugin.py is:

from pylons import config
import ckan.plugins as plugins

class geodatamn(plugins.SingletonPlugin):
   plugins.implements(plugins.IConfigurer, inherit=True)

   def update_config(self, config):
        plugins.toolkit.add_template_directory(config, 'templates')
        plugins.toolkit.add_resource('public/js','js')

Our spatial extension is 0.2 which seems to match the version number here: https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-spatial/blob/master/setup.py  But we did install ours back on June 19, and I see that there have been various commits to the github repo since then so perhaps updating it would be good.

The most non-standard thing we are doing is importing all of our datasets and resources via a script that pushes them in via the API.  But I created the geojson manually in CKAN to test that this is not just an import problem.

Andrew