[ckan-discuss] How to link datasets?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Sep 17 17:26:42 BST 2013

> Hello All,
>
> CKAN documentation says that datasets can be linked in the following ways:
>

>  A dataset can be linked to
>      one or more other datasets in the CKAN system
>
>   This link is based on a
>       relationship between the 2 datasets. This relationship can be defined in
>       one of the following types:
>

> 'depends_on', 'dependency_of','derives_from', 'has_derivation','links_to', 'linked_from', 'child_of' or'parent_of'
>

> I am not finding how to create datasets relationships using the CKAN web interface. Is this possible only through code?

It's not possible through the web interface. You can probably do it
through code using the CKAN API, but I'm not 100% sure. I don't think
this "linking datasets" feature is really used within CKAN, even though
it exists in the code to some extent. As far as I know this can safely
be called a legacy feature!