[ckan-discuss] Search dataset/package by tag from vocab

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Tue Sep 24 16:58:18 BST 2013

Yeah! found the solution (after few hours of search). I also document it
here for anybody interested;

So by default, CKAN defines the attribute vocab_*myVocabularyName*.

In order to do a search on a tag in the vocabulary territoire, the url
would be .../dataset?vocab_territoire=un

But, in order to work, the vocabulary has to be indexed in SOLR... Add a
config line in schema.xml, something like:
<field name="vocab_territoire" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

By playing with the iController thing it would be possible to change the
value (from vocab_territoire to just territoire) but in our case we won't
do it.

Steph

--
Stéphane Guidoin