[ckan-discuss] Organization hierarchy

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Wed Sep 25 09:43:42 BST 2013

Aaron,

Yes, the organization hierarchy is ready to go into ckan's master
branch - thanks for the interest. It really needs someone to review it
from the core team. There's no reason why you can't checkout the
branch, install the ckanext-hierarchy and have a play.

The authorization has indeed been setup so that a parent admin has the
same rights for child organizations. This is configurable, so I
imagine you could create a new role that you could give to a parent
admin that allowed them to see private datasets of children, although
that would need some investigation.

David